About Gate 2022.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that mainly tests the knowledge of comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science for admission into the Master’s Program and Recruitment by some Public Sector Companies(PSUs). This Year GATE 2022 is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and six other Indian Institutes of Technology at Mumbai, Guwahati, Delhi, Kanpur, Roorkee, Chennai, & Indian Institute of Science at Bengaluru(IISB) on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IITK), is the Organizer of gate 2022.
Gate exam conducted every year in February month by IITs and IISc on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE.
Gate 2022 – This year GATE 2022 is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur has started the gate 2022 Registration form, from 2- September. GATE 2022 application form last date without late fee is September 24. You can fill own registration form on their official website at the gate.iitkgp.ac.in .
Gate 2022 exam will be conducted only online mode first and second weak of February.
First, check the eligibility criteria before filling the Gate 2022 Application form. You must refer to Gate 2022 Broucher or Read the eligibility criteria of the gate 2022 application form.
This year, two new GATE 2022 papers – Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering and Geomatics Engineering are added now the total GATE subject papers is 29.
Gate 2022 exam dates.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic situation, all the international centers are canceled of gate-2022. Anyway, foreign Nationals can register and give their exam in any cities which decided gate-2022 Organizer.
|Scheme / Activity||Day||Date|
|Online Registration start||Thursday||2nd September 2021|
|Closing Date of the Regular registration form.||Friday||24th September 2021|
|Closing Date of the Extended online registration form.||Friday||1st October 2021|
|Display of faulty/Defective Applications to correct||Tuesday||26th October 2021|
|Last date for correct of Applications||Tuesday||1st November 2021|
|Last Date for change of Paper, Category, and Examination City (with an additional fee charged)||Friday||12th November 2021|
|Admit Card issued for download on the website||Monday||3rd January 2022|
|GATE 2022 Examination|
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|5th February 2022|
6th February 2022
12th February 2022
13th February 2022
|Results declared on the official website||Thursday||17th March 2022|
Gate 2022 Examination Eligibility criteria.
- A student who is currently studying within the third year or higher years of any undergraduate course of the study program.
- A student who has already completed any government-approved course of study in Engineering / Technology / Science / Commerce / Arts Architecture is eligible for appearing in the GATE 2022 exam.
- However, the candidates who possess certification from any of the professional societies must make sure that those examinations conducted by the societies are approved by MoE/AICTE/UGC/UPSC as like B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Planning, etc
- Candidates who have obtained/are following their qualifying degree from countries apart from India: should be presently among the third or higher years or completed their Bachelor’s degree (duration: a minimum of three years) in Engineering / Technology / Science / Arts / Commerce.
GATE 2022 Papers & Syllabus
GATE 2022 are conducted for twenty-nine (29)papers.
A candidate is allowed to seem either in1 or UP to 2 papers of the GATE 2022 examination. However, a candidate is merely allowed to pick out the second paper from the pre-defined 2 Paper Combination list.
To know latest syllabus of all papers.
To know computer science latest syllabus of gate 2022.
Gate 2022 Paper Pattern.
Each GATE 2022 paper is for total one hundred (100) marks, General ability (GA) is common for all papers (15 marks) and Remaing 85 marks come from core subject.
|Name of Exam||Gate – (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of exam||Computer Based Test (CBT).|
|Number of Questions||65 Questions|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Questions Type||In Gate, You get Tow Type of questions|
(1) MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
(2) NAT ( Numerical Answer Type Questions)
(3) MSQ (Multiple Select Questions)
|Sections in paper||> For Engineering Students- Three Sections.|
1. General Aptitude- (15%)
2. Engineering mathematics- (15%)
3. Core, Subject of the paper- (70%).
>For Other Students – Two Sections.
1. General Aptitude – 15%
2. Core, subject of the Paper – 85%
|General Aptitude Section||General Aptitude(GA) Section constituting 10 questions.|
> 5 Questions out of 10 caring 2 marks for each question. (5*2=10) marks.
> The remaining 5 questions caring 1 mark for each question. (5*1=5) marks.
Total marks = 15.
|Marking Scheme||Two types of MCQs questions:|
1. MCQs- 1 mark for each correct answer.
2. MCQs- 2 marks for each correct answer.
|Negative Marking||1. (MCQs- 1 mark) 1/3 marks will be deducted for every wrong response.|
2. (MCQs- 2 marks) 2/3 marks will be deducted for every wrong response.
3. There are NO negative markings for (NAT) questions.
4. There are NO negative markings for MSQ questions.
This was the information about gate 2022 examination. Before taking any decision check official website of gate 2022 for upcoming changes. Thank you !