Gate – (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering). this exam opens the gateway to Master’s degrees in IISc, IITs, NITs, much more government / Private colleges, and getting a job in PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings ). when you score a good rank in the gate exam, believe me, your current life will be changed totally. Gate is an online national level examination, but the gate exam opened for some international students in the last couple of years.
Table of Contents
Following countries student are eligible
- United Arab Emirates
- Sri Lanka
Who Conducts the Gate Exam?
Gate exam conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Following, Colleges conduct Gate Exam.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc) -Bangalore
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)-Delhi
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)-Bombay
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)-Roorkee
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)-Guwahati
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)-Kanpur
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)-Kharagpur
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)-Madras
Gate exam- paper pattern.
|Name of Exam||Gate – (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of exam||Computer Based Test (CBT).|
|Number of Questions||65 Questions|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Questions Type||In Gate, You get Tow Type of questions|
(1) MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
(2) NAT ( Numerical Answer Type Questions)
(3) MSQ (Multiple Select Questions)
|Sections in paper||> For Engineering Students- Three Sections.|
1. General Aptitude- (15%)
2. Engineering mathematics- (15%)
3. Core, Subject of the paper- (70%).
>For Other Students – Two Sections.
1. General Aptitude – 15%
2. Core, subject of the Paper – 85%
|General Aptitude Section||General Aptitude(GA) Section constituting 10 questions.|
> 5 Questions out of 10 caring 2 marks for each question. (5*2=10) marks.
> The remaining 5 questions caring 1 mark for each question. (5*1=5) marks.
Total marks = 15.
|Marking Scheme||Two types of MCQs questions:|
1. MCQs- 1 mark for each correct answer.
2. MCQs- 2 marks for each correct answer.
|Negative Marking||1. (MCQs- 1 mark) 1/3 marks will be deducted for every wrong response.|
2. (MCQs- 2 marks) 2/3 marks will be deducted for every wrong response.
3. There are NO negative markings for (NAT) questions.
4. There are NO negative markings for MSQ questions.
Read more – GATE 2022 – Application Form (Released)